Friday, June 7, 2019

Extra Credit Event 4

For event 4, I went to the Lawrence Hall of Science, located in the hills above the UC Berkeley campus, with a spectacular 180-degree view of the San Francisco Bay.
Picture I took from the Hill

One of the exhibits they have right now is Earth and Space. I went to the Planetarium in the hall
where I watched the show: Imagine the Sky Tonight. It is a great example of combining art work with science. The beautiful visual art was achieved by their a digital, fish-eye, full-dome projection system.
https://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/visit/exhibits/earth_and_space/planetarium



Attending a show Imagine the Sky Tonight this give me the chance to see in sky on a clear night on the daytime. It is a show full of imagination among the stars. There, I learn about constellations, a group of stars that forms an imaginary outline or pattern on the celestial sphere. It is very interesting to imagine the constellation with an animal, mythological person or creature, a god, or an inanimate object, and the art of drawing made the show more enjoyable.
https://www.spoonflower.com/giftwrap/5556167-constellations-navy-blue-constellations-animals-cute-baby-animals-constellation-fabric-by-andrea_lauren

I will definitely recommend to go to the show because the show is very interactive. They gave me a star map and teach me to find constellations. We also spotted planets and other hidden treasures among the stars.It is also a great place to learn about space. For instance, in this picture, I learned that NASA’s Landsat Satellites capture new data and images of Earth every day, allowing us to study the antarctica.
picture I took
Tickets

Selfie of me and ticket

I also learned about solar storms. During the solar storms, the Sun’s magnetic field lines tangle and snap,showing the solar system with burst of particles and electromagnetic energy that can disrupt our satellites, power grids and communication systems.   
picture I took


No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Event 4

For event 4, I went to the Lawrence Hall of Science, l ocated in the hills above the UC Berkeley campus, with a spectacular 180-degree view...